11.24.2015

Spicy Asian Corn Soup

And I say Asian meaning Asian Fusion. I'm not too fond of the get together of different geographical countries. However, this soups is simply divine. I've been busting my balls to find great vegan comfort food. I'm trying to work up a list of vegan go-to-recipes and I think I found one contestant.

Big pan:

1 onion
a few garlic cloves
a bit of fresh ginger
some spices: curry, cumin, coriander, tumeric, salt & pepper, Chinese chili oil
2 cans of corn
1 can of coconut mil

Fry finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger with some oil, curry, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt. Add Chinese chili oil. When the onions are glossy and sweet add 2 cans of corn. Later on when cooked nicely add a can of coconut milk. I blended the mix until fairly smooth and then filtered half of it since I wanted 1 batch of smoooooooth soup and 1 rustic one.

So sweet and spicy - just like me!

I'm going to serve it with noodles or some rice. I reckon it's going to taste better tomorrow.
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment